2. Art and history books have no better companions than decorative bookends featuring classic symbols and architectural motifs. Our classic bookends include weighty solutions for heavier tomes, with Greek columns, scrolling vines, acanthus leaves, and other designs that will please the history-conscious scholar.
3. The Age of Exploration lives again - at least vicariously - with modern and Old World globe bookends. A globe bookend set is a handsome complement to wood bookcases, and to libraries rich in volumes of natural history and ecological or anthropological studies.
4. Nautical bookends create visually enriching libraries with their iconic symbols of seafaring and marine life, including anchors, mermaids, lighthouses, and shells. A nautical bookend set is a dramatic choice for a prominent book display - Odysseus and Virginia Woolf would approve.
5. Our selection of "other bookends" offers decorative bookends like no other, including distressed bookends and antique bookends. An antique bookend set is an especially beautiful choice for a small, stand-alone book display on a mantel or curio shelf.
6. A pint of wine at day's end, wrote F. Scott Fitzgerald, is one of the rights of man. Exercise your right to a relaxing literary evening with wine rack bookends. These elegant bookends are a space-efficient solution for kitchen shelves.
7. Sculptured figures offer a fluid contrast to the linearity of books and shelves, which is one reason why sculpture bookends are a mainstay of home library displays. Another is their bold artistry: a large sculpture bookend set will stand up to strong volumes, both literally and aesthetically.
8. In a must-win gift-giving situation, go with sports bookends. Their quality construction and classic themes make them ideal workplace gifts. Our sport bookend selection includes hunting, golfing, and fishing themes.
9. As both literary tradition and decorating style, Western is a study in old themes made new. Cast iron Western bookends combine a contemporary sensibility with traditional craftsmanship to create decorative bookends that every Oakley Hall reader or Southwestern-style decorator will love.
10. Decorative bookends are beautiful, but they have a job to do, too. If you're worried that your bookshelf's Atlas will shrug, look for heavy decorative marble bookends, or metal, brass, and wood bookends weighing from 6 to 12 pounds.